About Server

• 6 Replies

iHeal0rz, eXa, MASTER, prstg and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.

Vagabond

• +0/-0
  • Looking for soulshots
    • View Profile
About Server
« on: August 10, 2019, 11:35:38 pm »
Hello!
I think i saw somewhere in one post before some time that server was arround 85% completed.
Can we get any info on the progress that has been made until now or narrow down the time(date) for opening the server?
I know that good things need time, but I hope you could answer because I(and i think almost everyone else) is waiting for tenkai server :)

hidetoshi

• +0/-0
  • Looking for soulshots
    • View Profile
Re: About Server
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 12:57:22 am »
+ i want to know as well almost a year of prepearing,,,,

TheQQmaster

• +0/-0
  • Trolling the Trolls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 04:32:54 am »
all updates are shit, i want live server on september

spoiler: i know zer0 is alone, but nowhere to play, atleast me, becouse official is sh it
BBB - Beer Body Building

Lucifer

• +1/-0
  • It's better in the dark....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 11:56:41 am »
We are all waiting for the grand opening of the server. My rough calculations show that the server is around 90% to 95% done. They took their time and updated the client to the latest available patch, so I'm almost 100% sure that it will need time to check the damage formula and skill interactions for possible game breaking issues. I believe there is a lot more work to be done, so I don't really expect the serve to exit the closed beta anytime soon. Nonetheless, a HUGE amount of features are working as intended, so I don't believe it will take much more. LT and the rest of the team can step up here and, if they feel like it, could set up some expectations.

Either way, I want to thank them for the job well done so far and everyone else that participated in finding issues and reporting them for a fix. I'm actually amazed that so many people care for this awesome server. Thank you all!

Much love and best regards!

LasTravel

• Yet another developer.
  • +4/-0
  • Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    • View Profile
    • Lineage 2 Tenkai Network
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 06:54:29 pm »
To be honest it has been hard to carry out the project ahead, and it has been possible mostly thanks to the same 3-4 guys which are testing out the stuff. I can cleary say that progress would be faster with more people interested on the real ingame test, but looks like most of people just run around facebook/discord/forum just asking when the server will open without any kind of major interest. That's directly a bad signal, since is right now when the general features can be changed and not when the server reach its live status (when 98% of the "potential players" will log for first time on the server just to complain about everything  ;D).

Regarding the %, I'm comfortable saying that the project progress is like 90-95% right now, ofcourse the retail updates doesn't help, and sometimes we have to change stuff which is already done to fit at those, but everything is going ahead.

If everything goes like it should we will announce the opening date along this month (this doesn't mean that we will open at this month, neither at the next, but we will finally announce a date).

Lucifer

• +1/-0
  • It's better in the dark....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 07:51:00 pm »
To be honest it has been hard to carry out the project ahead, and it has been possible mostly thanks to the same 3-4 guys which are testing out the stuff. I can cleary say that progress would be faster with more people interested on the real ingame test, but looks like most of people just run around facebook/discord/forum just asking when the server will open without any kind of major interest. That's directly a bad signal, since is right now when the general features can be changed and not when the server reach its live status (when 98% of the "potential players" will log for first time on the server just to complain about everything  ;D).

Regarding the %, I'm comfortable saying that the project progress is like 90-95% right now, ofcourse the retail updates doesn't help, and sometimes we have to change stuff which is already done to fit at those, but everything is going ahead.

If everything goes like it should we will announce the opening date along this month (this doesn't mean that we will open at this month, neither at the next, but we will finally announce a date).

Honestly, my greatest fear is that things might go exactly as you said. People are being way too picky about features, unfortunately this is a sigh for something far worse. As you said, the majority of the "potential players" log in just to complain for something and log out. It's really disheartening to see such behavior, especially when you invested a LOT of your time and resources, to create something. Regardless, you can't please everyone, but I genuinely hope that people won't be as picky when they actually see how much effort it was to make things as best as you can.

I'm being honest, when I say that I couldn't give as much of my time for the project. I see the hard work, and I genuinely feel awful for contributing so little. I really hope that people are maturing and will look on things with a little more understanding and without being so picky and pricky about something minor.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:53:02 pm by Lucifer »

Thev

• +0/-0
  • ..-. ..- -.-. -.- | --- ..-. ..-.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:56:25 am »
Im sure there are more people out there who are interested in testing out the stuff including myself but unfortunately not all of us have as much free time as we had some years ago I even almost forgot this forum exist.

Also about the 98% (I say 100% minus the 3-4 people who were testing stuff) "potential players" that will log when the server goes live just to complain or rather throw shits at the people who have been working on this server, you cannot avoid that, that is a risk of running a private server.

Btw is there any to-do-list about the server progression ? like which features/areas/farming zones/drops/classes skills that is yet to be tested ?